Château Les Gauthiers
WHY BUY IT ?
- Exceptional: a triple medal winner
- Gilbert Gold Medal, Silver Medal in Brussels & Silver Medal at the Brussels Competition
- Vineyard management
- A good price-quality ratio
- Grape variety: 80% Merlot & 20% Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon
- Sparkling red, with notes of red fruits (blackcurrant), fresh and with a persistent aromatic.
The history of Château Les Gauthiers has been linked to the Falxa family for several generations. Since 2005, Régis and Isabelle Falxa, Domique Falxa’s heirs, have taken the lead in the vineyard. Together, they operate the two Châteaux that make up the family estate: Château Lalande Labatut in Salleboeuf and Château Les Gauthiers in Bonnetan.
The terroir of a fortnight of one hectare of Château Les Gauthiers extends over a sunny clay and limestone plateau in the heart of Entre-Deux-Mers. Winemaking has remained unchanged for decades and is part of the tradition: a clever blend of Merlot and Cabernet designed to retain maximum aromas specific to these grape varieties.
At the tasting, Château Les Gauthiers is a mouth-watering wine full of freshness, round and sweet.
Owner : Famille FALXA
Managers: Régis et Isabelle FALXA