WHY BUY IT ?
- The know-how of the Meffre family, owner of the Château du Glana and Bellegrave
- The most precious care is provided for both the vineyard and the vinification
- Perfect harmony between modern techniques and respect for tradition
- One of the best value for the Saint Julien appellation, almost impossible to find a first wine in this price and quality range
The history of Château Lalande is closely linked to that of Château Lagrange since the property was part of this estate, Third Classified Growth in 1855, until being sold to its current owner, Gabriel Meffre, in 1964.
Terroir & Vinification
The terroir of Château Lalande is located in the town of Saint-Julien-Beychevelle, along the road of great wines along the estuary of the Gironde, near the Talbot and Lagrange castles. Its vineyard, of 15.5 hectares in one piece, located on a gravelly plateau planted with noble grapes having been the subject of a meticulous choice, produces an elegant wine and a great finesse. There, the average age of the vineyard is thirty years, the grape variety is 53% Cabernet Sauvignon and 47% Merlot. The harvest is both mechanical and manual. Also, the management of the vineyard is fragmented. Finally, the vinification is thermo-regulated, the aging is him of 12 months in 35% of new barrels.
At the tasting, Château Lalande offers a delicate, fruity, elegant wine typical of its appellation.
- Owner : Famille MEFFRE
- Directors : GFA Vignobles MEFFRE
- Managers : Jean-Paul, Ludovic et Julien MEFFRE