Château Laffitte Laujac
WHY BUY IT ?
- South / South-East exposure: the finest soils of the appellation.
- The proximity of the Gironde estuary and the Atlantic Ocean creates a very favorable micro climate
- A work of preservation of the ecosystem of the domain
- Aged in barrels for 18 months, 20% new
The Château Laffitte Laujac vineyard is located in the heart of the Medoc and covers a total area of 350 hectares. This vineyard is divided in two: the vineyard of Laujac composed of gravel and the one of Laffitte composed of clay and limestone. This property belongs to the Cruse family since 1962 and is now run by Vanessa Cruse and her husband René-Philippe Duboscq.
The terroir of Château Laffitte Laujac is identical to that of Château Laujac. Thus the tertiary limestone clays support the Merlot grape variety, which is particularly well expressed on these relatively heavy soils. They produce easily full, generous, and concentrated wines. The second part of the terroir of the property consists of plio-quaternary formations, characterized by fine gravel.
At the tasting, Château Laffitte Laujac is lively, penetrating, flattering and structured. It is the result of a judicious arbitration of the aging time necessary for its development.
- Owners : Vanessa CRUSE & René-Philippe DUBOSCQ