Château La Rose Figeac
WHY BUY IT ?
- The know-how of Nathalie Despagne, heiress of the Despagne family
- 50 years of family know-how
- Organic farming, certified by Ecocert since 2009 and completed by a biodynamic approach.
- The only “Figeac” in Pomerol: although in Pomerol the 2 properties are actually neighbors!
- Oenologist: Mikaël Laizet (Rolland Laboratory)
The history of Château La Rose Figeac goes back to the year 1961 when the maternal grandfather of Nathalie Despagne, already owner of Château La Tour Figeac, buys the property of its neighbor. In the following years, it will regroup other plots and rename the property of Château La Rose Figeac. It was in 2013 that Nathalie Despagne inherited the estate. She then undertakes many renovations: restructuring of the vineyard, creation of an exploitation building sheltering a modern vat room and a barrel cellar.
The terroir of Château La Rose Figeac, consisting of gravelly sand, is located in the South-East of the appellation. The vineyard of Château La Rose Figeac covers 4.56 hectares and consists of nine parcels. The grape varieties are typical of the prestigious Pomerol appellation: 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc make up the bulk of the vines planted and produce pure, deep, fresh and dense wines. The vineyard is conducted in organic farming by this woman with many talents, passionate and exciting. The property has also been certified “ECOCERT”. Thus, the grape harvests are manual, with sorting in the vineyard and in the cellar. The vinification is traditional and fragmented in thermoregulated stainless steel vats. The aging is done in French oak barrels (50% new and 50% of a wine Darnajou, Rémond, Cadus).
At the tasting, Château La Rose Figeac offers a beautiful purplish robe. On the nose are aromas of red fruits. The palate is fleshy, well balanced with a tangy note bringing a lot of length and freshness.
- Propriétaire: Nathalie Despagne
- Oenologue: Mikaël Laizet (Laboratoire Michel Rolland)