Château Haut Bailly
WHY BUY IT ?
- One of the greatest wines of this appellation after Château Haut-Brion
- Haut-Bailly’s style is based above all on a subtle balance between finesse and concentration
- Each year, Château Haut-Bailly’s teams strive to preserve and develop the qualities of this great wine without forcing nature.
- A rich and unique soil on the left bank of the Garonne
The history of Château Haut-Bailly really begins when an edition of the ” Illustrated Great Wines of the Gironde ” of the early twentieth century of Henry Guillier shows the property as the only Graves, with the Château Haut-Brion, worth to appear among the first Grands Crus Classés from Bordeaux. Classified Cru Graves in red, Château Haut-Bailly is now one of the few properties of Graves to produce only red. The reputation of the Cru, established during the nineteenth century, places it at the level of all the best wines of Bordeaux.
Terroir & Vinification
The domain, for over four centuries, is based on a vineyard of 30 hectares in one piece. The vines are made up of Cabernet Sauvignon (64%), Merlot (30%) and Cabernet Franc (6%). Since 1998 a very demanding quality policy has been pursued, respecting the environment and using methods combining modernity and tradition. Château Haut-Bailly’s vineyard is established on one of the highest ridges of the left bank and thus enjoys a unique terroir (fossil stone basement and sand soil mixed with Graves glissées du tertiary). which ensures its wines an exceptional regularity.
When tasted, the Château Haut-Bailly reveals a very important power but balanced by an exceptional finesse. It has all the qualities of Pessac-Léognan wines and is the reference.
- Owners : Famille WILMERS
- General Manager : Véronique SANDERS VAN BEEK
- Technical Director : Gabriel VIALARD