Château Carbonnieux (Red)
WHY BUY IT ?
- Developed by the Perrin family for half a century, the great wines of Château Carbonnieux, white or red, honor their fame in each vintage.
- Ancestral know-how, taken over by the current team of the Château
- Two wines from the same brand from the same appellation at almost unbeatable prices
- A very beautiful brand of the Pessac-Léognan appellation
The medieval history of Château Carbonnieux is evidenced by an act of exchange between two monks of the powerful Abbey of Sainte-Croix de Bordeaux. Founded in the 13th century by the Benedictines, Château Carbonnieux is one of the oldest in Bordeaux. In 1956, Marc Perrin acquired the castle which became classified in 1959 in Red and White. Today, Eric and Philibert, his grandsons who took over to follow up their work Antony.
The terroir of Château Carbonnieux has been implanted since the 12th century on a beautiful ridge of tombs, naturally drained. The grape variety is 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc 3% Petit Verdot. Within the Pessac-Léognan appellation, this prestigious 170-hectare terroir is remarkable for its morphology and the diversity of its soils. It is on these rare and sought-after soils that are the products the best wines whose typicality is recognized since the centuries.
At the tasting, the Château Carbonnieux offers us a red wine of remarkable freshness, which evolves towards a broad tannic structure, worthy of the greatest wines of guard.
- Owners: PERRIN family
- Managers: Eric and Philibert PERRIN
- Head of Culture: Fréderic MAGNIEZ
- Cellar Master: Karine LAROCHE
- Oenologist: Romain RACHER
Other wines of the property
Château Carbonnieux White
History The history of Château Carbonnieux’s estate is evidenced by an act of exchange between two monks of the powerful Abbey of Sainte-Croix de Bordeaux. Founded in the 13th century by the Benedictines, Château Carbonnieux is one of the oldest...Wine details