Château Carbonnieux White
WHY BUY IT ?
- Developed by the Perrin family for half a century: an ancestral know-how, taken over by the current team of the Château
- Two wines from the same brand from the same appellation at almost unbeatable prices
- A very beautiful brand of the Pessac-Léognan appellation, one of the most famous and sought after
- Exceptional whites very fresh, very aromatic that always please amateurs and professionals
The history of Château Carbonnieux’s estate is evidenced by an act of exchange between two monks of the powerful Abbey of Sainte-Croix de Bordeaux. Founded in the 13th century by the Benedictines, Château Carbonnieux is one of the oldest in Bordeaux. In 1956, Marc Perrin acquired the castle which became classified in 1959 in Red and White. Today, Eric and Philibert, his grandchildren who took over following the work of their father Antony.
Terroir & Vinification
The terroir of Château Carbonnieux has been implanted since the 12th century on a beautiful ridge of gravels, naturally drained. The grape variety is 62% Sauvignon and 38% Sémillon. Within the Pessac-Léognan appellation, this prestigious 170-hectare terroir is remarkable for its morphology and the diversity of its soils. It is on these rare and sought-after soils that are produced the best wines whose typicity has been recognized for centuries.
In order to ensure the complexity and amplitude of the fragrances as well as to generate the pale golden color characteristic of Château Carbonnieux’s white wines, three days of maceration punctuated with frequent débourbages are necessary. The fermentations then continue in barrels in batches selected according to their fragmentary origin. During their 10 months of aging in barrels, white wines are beaten several times.
At the tasting, the Château Carbonnieux offers us a white wine with a complete aromatic palette, ranging from citrus fruits to white-skinned fruits through apricot and a delicate touch of vanilla.
- Owners: PERRIN family
- Managers: Eric and Philibert PERRIN
- Head of Culture: Fréderic MAGNIEZ
- Cellar Master: Karine LAROCHE
- Oenologist: Romain RACHER
Other wines of the property
Château Carbonnieux (Red)
The medieval history of Château Carbonnieux is evidenced by an act of exchange between two monks of the powerful Abbey of Sainte-Croix de Bordeaux. Founded in the 13th century by the Benedictines, Château Carbonnieux is one of the oldest in...Wine details