The 2007 vintage is very heterogeneous… There is no rules this year, neither rise nor drop of the notes. The harvests were difficult. The choice of the harvests’ date and the treatment of the vineyard this summer was essential. This is maybe one of the reasons of the singularity of this campaign. For sure, this 2007 Primeurs campaign will be on an individual case basis !
Generally, the wines coming from Sauternes and Barsac appellations are very well-made and can be fabulous !
Bordeaux Tradition‘s top 5 – Sweet white wines :
1. Château d’Yquem 93/100
2. Château Guiraud 92/100
3. Château Suduiraut 92/100
4. Château Climens : 92/100
5. Château La Tour Blanche 89/100
2007, a great vintage for the dry white wines !
Bordeaux Tradition’s top 5 – Dry white wines :
1. Château Pape Clément 94/100
2. Domaine de Chevalier 93/100
3. Château Malartic Lagravière 91/100
4. Château Smith-Haut-Lafitte 90/100
5. Château Carbonnieux 90/100
Concerning red wines, the Pomerol appellation seems to be one of the best…
Bordeaux Tradition’s top 5 – The best red wines of all appellations :
1. Château Cos d’Estournel, appellation Saint-Estèphe 94/100
2. Château Léoville Las Cases, appellation Saint-Julien 94/100
3. Château Cheval Blanc, appellation Saint-Emilion 93/100
4. Château Clinet, appellation Pomerol 91/100
5. Château La Pointe, appellation Pomerol 90/100
Some tasting notes remain mysteries because of the low scores given to famous and appreciated classified growths. Have a look at them ! James Suckling gave bad scores to some classified growths such as châteaux Lynch-Bages, Giscours, Lascombes, Beychevelle, Brane-Cantenac, Issan, Lagrange or Du Tertre, but we do not share the same impressions.
And don’t forgive that the wine’s tasting is very subjective. Each person makes its own opinion. Think about it yourself….