Château Lespault-Martillac White
WHY BUY IT ?
- A family property of Bordeaux Tradition
- Olivier Bernard (Domaine de Chevalier) and his team set out to make this cru with exceptional potential one of the jewels of the Pessac-Léognan appellation
- This meticulous work, always done with greater respect for the fruit, ensures balance, freshness, purity, and finesse of the wine
- Wine produced in reasoned fight for a real respect of the environment, the vine and the health
- This wine comes from a one-hectare plot that produces Sauvignons of great minerality and unbelievable length.
The history of Château Lespault-Martillac is very old since it is one of the oldest wines of Martillac, already exploited for the vine in Roman times. The freshly restored cellars and the main building, an 18th century manor house, are located in the heart of this small vineyard mostly planted with old Merlots with low yields and quality. Since the 2009 vintage, the family of Jean-Claude Bolleau, owner, has entrusted the exploitation of the vineyard to Olivier Bernard, owner of Domaine de Chevalier, Grand Cru Classé de Graves. The estate also produces a red wine.
Terroir & Vinification
The terroir is defined by deep, slightly clayey gravels forming a dome at the highest point of Martillac. The area of ??this one is 8 hectares in one piece (of which 1 ha of white). The red grape varieties are 80% Sauvignon and 20% Semillon. The working methods now applied and the technical means implemented are those of the greatest growths: dynamic soil work, plowing, reasoned control, compartmental selection, manual harvesting, sorting tables, etc. In addition, biological methods are practiced. : Soils are worked naturally and everything is done to respect the environment of the vineyard. Harvesting is manual, sorting according to plot observations and transported in crates to respect the integrity of the fruit.
At the tasting, Château Lespault-Martillac White offers a light yellow color with pale green hues, brilliant and very beautiful purity. Fresh and explosive nose of ripe and juicy white fruits, mixed with hints of citrus and exotic notes. The palate is full, generous and very refined. We find very pure aromas on the pear, the brugnon with a nice tension (mineral freshness). The finish is pure and mineral.
- Owner: Jean-Claude BOLLEAU Family
- Operator: SC Domaine de Chevalier Family BERNARD
- Managing Director: Olivier BERNARD
- Deputy Director: Rémi EDANGE
- Technical Director: Thomas STONESTREET
- Head of Culture: Eric DURON