"Welcome to Beychevelle, land of wines and legends"
WHY BUY IT ?
- 4th Grand Cru Classé of Saint-Julien in 1855
- Sustainable agriculture since 2005 and compliance with the “Terra Vitis” specifications
- Centuries of history, legends and know-how
- An exceptional terroir among the best parcels of Médoc
- A renowned consulting oenologist: Eric Boissenot
- New cellar and vat-house in perfect adequacy with the vineyard
- Unanimous critics of the international press, vintage after vintage
- Always refined wines of an extreme elegance
Château Beychevelle is a prestigious Classified Growth with a soul forged by three centuries of history and legends. Indeed, over the centuries, powerful families have marked this castle in many ways. Under Henry II in particular, Beychevelle was the stronghold of the Dukes of Epernon. The first of them, Jean-Louis Nogaret of Valletta, is at the origin of the name of the Domain. According to the legend, the ships passing in front of his castle had to lower their sails in sign of allegiance. Built in 1757, Château Beychevelle is still one of Bordeaux’s finest. Since the Middle Ages, the owners of the Château have endowed the estate with the best parcels and perpetuated over the centuries the tradition that still presides over the destiny of this Grand Cru Classé in 1855.
The fabulous terroir of Beychevelle covers 250 hectares of which about 90 are planted with vines. Today owned by Grands Millésimes de France (Castel and Suntory Group) and managed by Aymar de Baillenx, the vineyard consists of four noble Médoc grape varieties: 52% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc & 3% Petit Verdot . Its policy of respect for the environment and human health conducted for several years now has given them since 2005 a qualification under the “Reasoned Agriculture” and a certificate of compliance with the specifications “Terra Vitis”. The vinification is traditional and aging is 18 months in oak barrels, renewed every year by half. Innovative by its architecture inspired by the legends surrounding Beychevelle, and by its technique, the new winery further reinforces the expert work carried out by the Château team. By combining innovation and tradition, Château Beychevelle demonstrates its “haute couture” know-how, perpetuated for many years by men of power and women of taste.
When tasting, Château Beychevelle is graceful, complex and of great aromatic richness, reflecting all the elegance and finesse of the great terroirs of Saint-Julien.
- Owner: Great Millésimes de France
- Chief Executive Officer: Philippe BLANC
- Technical Director: Romain DUCOLOMB
- Master of Cellar: Olivier RICHAUD
- Head of Culture: David LAFOSSE
- Consulting enologist: Eric BOISSENOT