Château Ormes de Pez
WHY BUY IT ?
- One of the most beautiful wines of Saint-Estèphe
- Property of the Cazes family, also owner of Ch. Lynch Bages
- A brand with a strong reputation
- The St Estèphe of Lynch Bages
- Ormes de Pez wines are made with the same care as those of Ch. Lynch Bages, Pauillac Grand Cru Classé
- Former “Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel”
The history of Château Ormes de Pez dates back to the 18th century. The property owes its name to a magnificent bouquet of tall elms that have disappeared today. The property was acquired in 1940 by Jean-Charles Cazes. In the early 1980s, Jean-Michel Cazes, his grandson, rehabilitated and modernized the old buildings of the eighteenth century. Today, it is Jean-Charles Cazes, namesake of his great-grandfather, who directs the property and perpetuates the family know-how.
Located at the edge of the hamlet of Pez north of the commune of Saint-Estèphe, the terroir of Château Ormes de Pez is composed of 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot. The vineyard management and winemaking techniques combine the best of tradition and modernity to create harmonious wines with a spicy and voluptuous character, authentic expressions of the terroir of their appellation. The winery equipment and winemaking techniques of Château Ormes de Pez combine the best of tradition and modernism. The fermentations are conducted for two weeks in stainless steel tanks which all have a temperature control system. Final assembly is done two months after harvest.
At the tasting, Château Ormes de Pez is powerful but stands out for its harmony. It is a wine of pleasure and gluttony that combines the roundness and elegance typical of Saint-Estèphe.
- Owner : Famille CAZES
- General Manager : Jean-Charles CAZES
- Commercial Director : Malou LE SOMMER